Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas Traditions

Christmas is undoubtedly my favorite season of the year. Now that we have the boys I love fitting as much Christmas-y stuff into the month as we can. I hope they grow up loving this time of year as much as I do!

Since James and I have been together we have started a few Christmas traditions of our own and incorporated ones from our childhoods; watching a Christmas movie Thanksgiving evening, Santa brunch, driving around looking at the Christmas lights, throwing our Christmas party, going to Longwood Gardens and gifting the boys a new Christmas book each week leading up to Christmas. This year we added two new activities to our busy month of December but we will absolutely we making them traditions for years to come.

Building a gingerbread house. As I was walking around the craft store I noticed these and thought Chase would love this idea, and turns out he did! We did it in stages this year. One evening we built the house and let it set and then we decorated it a few evenings later. The kit I picked up was very involved but we kept it simple this year by skipping the fondant.

Each day Chase oo's and ahh's over his house and I can't wait to see the creations that the kids come up with as they get older.










Santa Train

Everybody who knows our boys, know that trains are everything to them so when I heard about a Santa Train that runs about 15 mins from our house I knew we had to do it! It was a hit with everyone, not just the boys. It was a 2 hour train ride that included letter writing to Santa, cookies and hot cocoa, Christmas caroling and a visit from the jolly red guy himself. The train cars were beautifully decorated and were so ornately preserved. Chase was a little shy of Santa a first but warmed up and even gave him a high-five. Asher on the other hand, not so much a fan.
After this event we are all in the Christmas spirit!


















No comments:

Post a Comment