Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Our Valentines

Valentines Day - this holiday is celebrated in the Prendergast household but in a simple fashion; a card and a nice home cooked dinner is usually how we celebrate.

This year we did without the cards and decided to celebrate the day with a trip to the doctors! Not just any doctor though, it was our appointment to confirm our pregnancy with Baby P #2. As soon as the doctor found Baby P2 on the ultrasound both James and I saw that magical little flicker of the heartbeat immediately. A huge sense of relief washed over me knowing that Baby P2 was doing just fine and growing accordingly. On Valentines Day we were 7 weeks and 1 day along, with a due date of October 3rd 2014, the EXACT same due date I had with Chase! However, we are opting for repeat csection ( I know what to expect and recovered really well with the first) the baby will arrive on September 26th, well if it doesn't decide to come early like their brother. Our doctor did say we should celebrate Chase's birthday a little earlier in the month, just incase this one decides to make an early appearance.

James and I are thrilled we will be expanding our family and we cannot wait for Chase to be a big brother. I have no doubt he is going to love his sibling so much and will be right in there with wanting to help Mummy and Daddy out. He has recently started throwing out his own diapers and putting things away in the closet, he gets the biggest kick out of helping out. Obviously Chase is a little young to understand there is a baby on the way, but I think as my bump gets bigger we will try to help him understand what is going on.

So far I have been feeling ok. It seems I am just one of those pregnant woman that gets terrible morning sickness so as long as I have my Zofran I make it through the day just fine, though I am already having food aversions :( Bagels, ice pops and strawberries have seemed the most appetizing of foods so far. James has been a huge help (just like the first time) with watching Chase so I can go lie down or ordering in dinner a lot so I don't have to cook :)

Only 12 more weeks until we find out if it's a boy or girl! What is your guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment