Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers Day Fun

Hands down it was the best Mother's Day yet. I know I don't have that many to go on but it really was the perfect day with my boys. We have finally hit summer here and so all I wanted to do was to get to a beach and put my toes in the sand, so we did :) We drove to Rehoboth Beach in DE. It's a smaller baech but has a boardwalk with some rides and it's home to Go Brit, the fish and chippy over here. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, was around 80 degrees and a nice breeze to top it off.

After eating a quick lunch it was time to hit the sand! Chase was thrilled to finally put his Mickey Mouse beach tool kit to use that his cousins Jenna and Justin had gotten him from their trip to Disney. He plopped right down in the sand and got to digging, and proceeded to throw the sand everywhere! It took him a while to notice the ocean but once he did there was no stopping him. "me, me me," while pointing at the ocean was on repeat until we got up and took him to see it. If we hadn't been holding his hands he would have ran right in, this kid loves water. We spent about 30 mins jumping the waves and I don't think I have ever seen him so happy. That's what being a Mum is all about right, making your kids happy.







Next up was hitting the rides that Pop Berry had found along the boardwalk. The only thing that made Chase happier than jumping waves was riding the merry go round! Wow you would have thought it was on a real horse with the squeals of excitement escaping his little mouth. Quite possibly the cutest moment I have yet to witness. We also went on the tea cups which spun waaay faster than any teacup I have ever been on, and a driving truck ride. We did attempt to put him no a ride where I couldn't go on, but it wasn't happening. I wasn't even out of the ride gate and he was screaming his head off. It's ok, next summer we will work on that.





We ended the day with a dinner at Go Brit. If you want a taste of a real deal chippy then this place is a must and the 2 1/2 hour drive is totally worth it.

It was such a fun day and I had the best time with the loves of my life, my two boys. It's crazy to think that next year there will be an extra little one tagging along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment