Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Asher James: Four Months



My, how time is flying by with this little guy! There have been huge changes this month; his personality is shining through, he is almost sitting by himself and has started to hold his own bottle. Please slow down and stay Mummy's baby just a tad longer. I knew Asher would probably advance a little sooner with having big brother Chase to learn from but actually seeing it happen makes me a little teary eyed, but I also can't wait to see them running around together and creating all kinds of chaos I'm sure.

Asher is such a happy laid back baby. He loooves being sung to, especially Old McDonald and The Wheels on the Bus; I sing and Chase plays a guitar, we are going to get a record deal any day now. He despises lying down, is always wanting to sit up to watch his brother race around him, he can sit by himself for a few minutes at a time. By the time he is five months I have no doubt he will be fully sitting on his own. No rolling as of yet. He has become more aware of Cisco and unfortunately for Cisco, has pulled his hair more times than Cisco would like...poor dog gets such abuse. Storytime is high up on Asher's list of favorite things, he especially like the touch and feel books.

Asher;s four month checkup went well. As you can tell from his weight he is eating well and we have been given the go ahead to start solids anytime we feel like doing so. I will probably wait until he is 5 months, like we did with Chase. I am more than confident that our chunky monkey will be so excited when he gets to add food to his diet.

It has been a busy month; James has been away for work more than we would like so it's been just me and the boys, a lot! We have still been getting over colds and whatnot, trying to clear up the house from the holidays and squeezing in play dates when we felt well enough. Chase and Asher have full out conversations now, we have tried to get Chase to tell us what they talk about but he isn't sharing any details...they are already ganging up against us! Chase has really taken to his role of big brother and has finally decided it's ok to touch Asher; with that Chase believes Asher is ready for bear hugs and wrestling lol. My favorite thing to do during the day is just sit back and watch them interact and see their relationship develop.

This month has also bought us loss. It's been a very hard past couple of weeks, life can be so unfair sometimes but we have to find the strength to keep on moving forward and find hope and joy where we can. With that, I am beyond grateful for our two boys and the time we have had with them and all we have experienced so far together. I am so thankful to James in that he makes it possible for me to stay home with them everyday. I have never taken them or their health for granted but that has been magnified for me recently. Instead of making sure the house is always tidy or the laundry is always kept up with I'm spending every moment enjoying these two little beings that are our sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment