Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Hayley Ann Mae: One Week

And just like that Hayley is one week old. Between staying in the hospital for 4 days and getting settled at home I shouldn't be surprised that it went by so quickly.

This was by far my most relaxing hospital stay. We limited visitors, the boys didn't visit everyday and I napped every day (something I didn't do with either of the boys). The day after we had Hayley the boys and James went to build a bear and made her a teddy bear, and of course one for them also. They were so excited to bring it to the hospital and give it to their little sister! I'm pretty sure it ended up right on her face lol! Aunt Anita, Uncle Anthony and cousins Jenna and Justin came to visit us Saturday morning. Jenna picked out the cutest clothes for Hayley and I can't wait for her to wear them.








Given I had a C-section I could stay anywhere from 2 to 4 nights in the hospital. I stayed the 3 nights. Had the boys been doing a little better with me not being home I would have stayed the 4th but mama's duties called! That said, James, Bill & Patti and Jen & Dad did a great job taking care of the boys while I was recovering and absolutely helped make the days more fun for the boys.












Again, once home we limited visitors the first week, with just Pop Pop and Mom Mom coming to visit. When I had Asher I felt like we hit the road running the second I got out of the OR and I dealt with some anxiety for a few months after his birth. I really wanted to try and avoid the same thing happening this time around, hence the limiting of visitors, not worrying about keeping up with our social activities and trying to get all the sleep I can while James is off of work. I have to say for saying I had surgery and have a newborn I am feeling good. I don't feel close to the way I did after Asher. In that sense I feel a bit robbed with Asher as a newborn; but what can ya do? We got through it and learnt from it.

Besides a touch of jaundice and switching formula, Hayley is a very content little baby, just along for the ride. She certainly loves her sleep, giving us 3 to 4 hour stretches. I'm praying this doesn't change. She makes the cutest little cooing noise when nuzzled against my chest where she can hear my heartbeat. At bedtime she likes to be swaddled with her left hand in and right hand out, her right hand is always against her face as she sleeps. It's adorable that she has these little particulars already so young. The boys have welcomed her into the family with open arms. They always like to know where she is and love to hold her. Asher is king of making sure she has her paci and Chase is master of keeping her music on the swing going. She is so lucky to have such two caring big brothers. At a week old she weighed in at 7lbs 1oz. She had gone down to 6lbs 14oz. It's crazy having such a small baby after having our 9lb Asher. Even the few newborn outfits we have are big on her.




James and I are absolutely in love with her. I don't think either one of us realized how much we would enjoy a girl until she arrived. We really are so blessed and fortunate to have the children we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment