Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Asher James: One Year

Happy birthday baby boy!!!!! We officially have a one year old! What a year it's been...gone are the days off needing to hold up his head, now I have to stop him from climbing onto everything and anything and playing referee between him and Chase. We had such a fun time celebrating his first birthday but a part of me still got teary eyed seeing another one of our boys hit a big milestone.



Stats: Asher continues on being a beast and weighs 24lbs 12oz (90th percentile) and is 31.5 inches tall (97th percentile). He is exactly the same weight Chase was at 2 years old and is only a couple of inches shorter so I don't feel so crazy about pulling out the 24 month sized clothes. Poor boy had to get 4 shots and my heart just broke as he wailed away. We had a good cuddle afterwards though to make things better.

Sleep: I can finally say things are excellent where sleep is concerned. He is sleeping a solid 12 hours at night and one long nap (2-3 hours) in the afternoon. He is also putting himself to sleep. Thanks to recommendations from friends we started having music playing softly in the background and what do you know, it worked! I will rock him for a few minutes to calm him down and he loves snuggles. He cries for a minute when I place him in his crib but then settles down and falls asleep. No waking up in the middle of the night or anything...hallelujah!

Social: Asher has become very outgoing and will chatter and smile with anyone while we are out and about. We have started attending storytime on Tuesdays while Chase is at preschool and he loves it. He interacts well with the librarian and with the other kids there.

Diet: I never thought I would say Asher has become picky, but he has and that has led to a lot of frustration on my part. He will eat sandwiches so I try to fill those with healthy stuff. He has refused to eat meat, pasta, veggies. Basically bread and fruit were about it. I will say the past 3 days he seems to be improving and has eaten pasta, meatloaf, mashed potatoes etc. The doctor said it is normal for them to get picky around a year but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just teething to cause him to be this way. We started giving him milk around 11 months, well I should say he kept stealing Chase's sippy cup. Over his birthday weekend we switched to solely whole milk and have packed the bottles away.
 
Skills/Milestones: We are still working on walking but he is charging full steam with his walker and thinks it's hilarious when Chase rides on his cars next to him. I just love watching them play together. He can say he is a stair climber and makes like the wind towards them if the gate is accidentally left open! He loves to bounce on the trampoline and go head first down the slide...yup he is fearless...lord help us. He has a total of 7 teeth now and the Dr said his 1 year molars are starting to come through. He is continuing to add words to his vocab including; car, Cisco and ball. He can follow directions such as, "go find Chase", "go get me your shoes", "lets go outside", etc.

Favorites: Mummy, Daddy, Chase, play food, train table, paci, books, water table, ball, Cisco, Mickey Mouse
 
It has been a true joy watching this little boy grow over the past year. He amazes me with how quickly he picks things up and I know the biggest reason for that is to keep up with his big brother Chase. He is such a happy baby and def is a little monkey. He keeps us on our toes but I absolutely love it. He has us all cracking up daily. He has bought so much happiness to our home and our family wouldn't be complete without him .

No comments:

Post a Comment