Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Chase Patrick: 4.5 Years Old

Oh 4, you are like a split personality. One moment I'm having a nice conversation with my sweet little boy and laughing and two seconds later, with no warning, I am watching him squirm around on the floor while he throws the biggest tantrum over something so silly. Completely bizarre and I never know what is going to set Chase off.
With that said, Chase really has become my main helper, someone I bounce ideas off of and is the person I have the most 'adult' like conversation with during working hours. He is still a smart kid and always is pondering something in that brain of his. I look forward to hearing his questions and thoughts on such various topics; when can I fly to the moon? can I hold Cisco when we move house? when can I get a goat?
He really is the biggest sweetheart. He always thinks of others; he gave his friend at school a duplicate of a book we have, loves to pick flowers for every family member, and if he hears anyone is sick he wants to know they are ok.
He is the absolute best big brother. There are exceptions, but he is so patient with Asher. He will take Asher's beating and teasing, he always will help him out if he needs it and as soon as he gets home from school is back by Asher's side playing. I wondered how Chase would do with the addition of Hayley and he has blown me away. He is her protector, tries to comfort her when she is crying and loves to feed her. If only I could get him on board with diaper changes!
I am beyond proud of the boy Chase has become. He taught me how to love selflessly and he is destined for great things!!!



Stats: Surprise, surprise Chase is still a lightweight, still hasn't crossed over the 30lb mark. I believe he is in the 1 percentile for weight. He has gotten taller, around 41 inches.

Sleep: Not much has changed here, he still sleeps a solid 12 hours at night. More often than now I have to wake him for school in the mornings and that's at 7:45am. He barely falls asleep in the car anymore either.

Social: He has certainly become more outgoing than a year ago and I think that's due to school, being a part of the soccer team and having a ballsy brother. He is playing spring soccer and is on the same team as he was in the fall. He has been getting a bit more daring during the games and going in for the ball. He is still loving school and has branched out in that he talks to more kids in his class now. If he is playing on the playground he will happily strike up conversation with other kids to play with them. This is something he never would have done a year ago. He loves his friends and quite often asks for them to come over.

Diet: I really don't understand he still weighs less than 30lbs when he eats as much as he does. He clears his plate each meal and probably eats 3 or so snacks a day. His favorite foods lately are; hot dog, fish sticks, avocado on toast, soft pretzels, and any fruit. His favorite restaurants are still Red Robin, Chilis, and Chick Fil A. We have also introduced them to Friendlys and he enjoys going there.

Skills/Milestones: He can write his name. His drawing skills are really good and legible. He all of a sudden loves to jump off of everything. Has started reading and basic math.

Favorites: Mummy, Daddy, Asher, Hayley, grandparents, Cisco, puppy dog (and stuffed animals in general), Lightening McQueen, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, riding his bike, Hot Wheels, space.

No comments:

Post a Comment