Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Coronavirus/Covid19/Coronacation

 Well I don't think any of us thought we would ever live through a pandemic but we can check that off of our list! 

Back at the beginning of the year a virus started spreading through the Asian countries, then it reached Eurpoe and before we knew it, by the middle of March it was in our area. I couldn't believe it. Schools closed immediately. All work places had to shut down. Travel halted. We weren't allowed to see anybody outside of our home. Groceries and supplies became extremely hard to find; especially toilet paper and cleaning products. 

In the beginning Daddy and I were very nervous about this virus. I wore gloves and a mask to go grocery shopping and I didn't let anybody in a store besides myself. As soon as I'd get home I was strip and shower. To even get into a grocery store I would wake up at 6am to be there for 7am so I could beat the crowds. We stayed away from friends, even Grandma and Grandad would visit form a distance. 

Unfortunately we were impacted directly by this virus when Grandma Oo-Oo came down sick 3 days after Easter. Within two days she was in hospital and diagnosed with Covid19. Three days after that she passed away. It will quite possibly be one of the hardest days of my life as she was more like a Mum to me and my best friend too. It's crazy to think our family was affected this way, that we are part of the numbers of Covid. She is a huge part of why I am the way I am, and in turn the way your are. She thought you 3 were the greatest things ever. She called you her children and loved to hear updates on you all during our weekly chats. I so wish you could have gotten to spend more time with her. 

As time has passed, Covid19 is still around, not to such a high degree but we are still being careful. We have our own little bubble of people that we hangout with but our hangouts are outside. With the exception of Grandparents, we need normalcy with them. Infact it wasn't until the middle of the summer that we started hugging grandparents again, it felt wonderful. 

We spent a lot of time at home this summer. Thank goodness we have a pool. I'm not sure how we would have survived without it. Besides the pool, we went to Ryerss once a week once the lockdown was lifted (for about 11 weeks, nothing besides grocery stores were open). It felt so good back being with our horsey friends. 

While it has been a tough few months, and we missed out on a lot of things, it has really given us some quality time together. Daddy worked from home exclusively so it gave you kids more time with him. Life slowed down ,we weren't rushing here there and everywhere, we just enjoyed each other, and our backyard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment