Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chase's Birth Day

I know some of you have been asking how Chase arrived unexpectedly since we had a c-section scheduled for 9/27 and I've been wanting to get on here to share our story but with being in the hospital for 4 days, getting settled at home and having to take Cisco to the vet, things have been a little hectic. I've managed to have a few minutes to myself though while James is feeding Chase.

On the evening of 9/18 we had our 38 week checkup. Everything went well there, his heartbeat was 141 bpm and we did another ultrasound to make sure he was still breech, which he was. On our way home James and I stopped at Saladworks for dinner and once we got home I gave Cisco a bath and did some cleaning. Once I sat down I realized I was having contraction every 3 to 4 mins. I told James and told him I was going to wait an hour or so before calling the doctor. Around 10:30pm I called them and they said to come in.

Once at L&D they hooked me up to the monitors and I was having contractions every 2 to 3 mins but I was only 1cm dilated. To see if I was in true labor or not they started me on fluids, which the contractions did slow down to every 4 to 10 mins. The doctor wanted to monitor me though until 6:30am but basically said I  would be going home. About 15 mins after the doctor left (around 3:15am) the contractions started coming fast and hard, to the point where I was wriggling around in pain. After waiting them out for 45 mins to see if they continued I buzzed for the nurse. After that it was all systems go for a c-section. Up until this point I hadn't been nervous all night but as I was sitting on the stretcher waiting to be wheeled into the OR I got so nervous and started shaking. Not having any sleep didn't help matters.

The c-section wasn't too bad at all, mostly because all of the doctors were so nice and explained every single thing they were doing. I remember lying on the table, James holding my hand and was waiting for them to say ok we are beginning, Instead the next thing I heard was, 'here is your baby boy', and hearing him cry. It all happened so quickly. Hearing Chase cry for the first time was something I can't even describe. I just remember bursting into tears, and looking over to James who was also crying. James did go to the nursery with Chase to see him get weighed and all. Typical me kept telling him, 'make sure you take photos of everything'. Start to finish the whole procedure was an hour. Chase Patrick was born at 5:17am on 9/19/2012, weighing 7lbs 8oz and 20 inches long.

Once I was settled in my room they bought Chase to us. It's just so crazy that one second they are inside you and the next they are out in the world. We are so thankful that Chase has no issues, he is just perfect in every way. He has started to keep his eyes open now and I just love talking to him and seeing the different expressions on his face and staring back at me so intently. I think it's safe to say James and I are both sleep deprived but we are enjoying every little second with our son.


No comments:

Post a Comment