Background

Pages

About Us

So many of our family members and friends do not live around us and we wanted a way to share our adventure through life together with all of you

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Asher James: Seven Months

Our little A man, munchkin, lovebug, our Ashie is growing up far too fast but it's such a joy to see him developing new skills and his personality.



We don't have a doctors appointment this month so I'm not sure of his weight but I'm guessing he's around 22lbs by now. Height, he is looooong, very official I know lol. Now that the weather is changing I've pulled out Chase's old summer clothes and Asher is fitting in the 12 month size things, however another month or two and we will have to go and buy 18 month stuff. This kid is not going to be a slouch. When Chase steals a toy from Asher I always warn him that Asher will be bigger than him one day and will beat him up. Chase just laughs at me, well he got to witness what I have been telling him first hand the other day. The boys were sitting next to each other and Chase had a toy that Asher wanted to play with, so Asher decide to grab Chase's tshirt and try with all of his might to pull Chase other. Granted he didn't pull Chase over but Chase's tshirt was half way off of him. Since then Chase has been ever so nice to his 'little' brother.

With each of Asher's meals I have started giving him pieces of food so that he can practice eating that style of food vs. puree and so he can also perfect his pincher grip. So far he has had, bagel with cream cheese, puffs, blueberries, and mixed veggies. I'm really going to push this harder over the next month. Chase was on whole pieces of food only by 9 months and I would love for Asher to do the same.

Asher has been sitting for a few months now but one of the new things he has been trying to do is the sit n scoot. If he is on his play mat or in the tub he can get movement because they are slicker surfaces. In general he is trying to move so badly but just isn't quite there. When he is on his tummy his arms and legs are going so fast but stays in one spot. If I help him up onto all fours he cant stay in that position so I'm really hoping he can figure out crawling within the next month as he will be less frustrated. He wants to keep up with his big brother in the worst way. Asher has also gotten down onto his tummy from sitting a few times now to get to a toy he wants.

We have spent so much time outside this past month which has been great. As soon as we step foot outside Asher starts to babble and bounces around in my arms with excitement. He has gotten to feel grass and sand. Chase's swingset is up in our yard so Asher got to try out his infant swing and it's a hit. Asher has also gotten to see sheep, cows, monkeys and other animals at the farm and zoo.

One of my favorite moments with Asher is in the evening post bath time. He is so happy on his changing table and loves doing 'nosey-nosey' and me blowing raspberries on his tummy as I'm getting him dressed. His new game to play is as I'm putting a shirt over his head, he rips it away and laughs at me, we do this numerous times until he is giggling so hard he is crying tears.

Each day I spend with our lovebug is a blessing. I love that I wake up to his face next to mine every morning.  He really is such a happy baby and I'm so excited to see what new things he does this next month.



No comments:

Post a Comment